User Experience Lead
ArchiPro is a cutting edge online platform for design and architecture, connecting homeowners, products and professionals for all things design and build.
Our mission: to simplify the end to end building experience
We are one of New Zealand’s fastest growing technology companies. Located in, our beautifully designed new Parnell head office, New Zealand and also in Australia, we’re currently a team of more than 100 people PROs!
- Ranked 5th in the New Zealand 10 Top Start Up’s on LinkedIn
- Frequently ranked as one of the top 10 most disruptive companies in New Zealand (we love to challenge the status quo)
- Backed by some of New Zealand’s greatest entrepreneurs and business minds
- Gearing up to go global - driving the future of how spaces are curated and tailored to suit our ever changing needs
At the intersection of quality and innovation, our goal is to facilitate connections and educate and inspire New Zealanders to invest in the quality products and trusted professionals they need to achieve their dream design.
About our People
The strength of ArchiPro is our People. We have a strong emphasis on team culture and have brought together a group of like minded individuals who as well as working hard to create a world class platform, have fun along the way. We are agile, we work at pace and we embrace change. The long term potential with ArchiPro is exponential.
About the Role
As the User Experience Lead your primary responsibility is to create exceptional ArchiPro product experiences for our users - Professionals, Homeowners and our internal team. With a comprehensive product suite you’ll have a range of features to apply your UX skills.
Working within a cross functional team and reporting to the Head of Product, you will work closely with the Product, Design and Engineering departments to deliver well thought out product experiences that add value to those uses on the platform. Your role will largely focus on collecting user insight, solution design, conducting tests on new product initiatives, reviewing existing product feedback, and finding pain points that can be solved with a more considered UX.
You will be comfortable operating autonomously, introducing new methods and approaches that help ArchiPro deliver a best-in industry product, while managing design solutions that are scalable and efficient for the wider product and engineering team to deliver.
ArchiPro is a digital product so you will need to have a strong understanding of the digital landscape as well as show an interest in the design and build community and what we’re aiming to achieve in it through our mission.
ArchiPro’s mission is heavily reliant on a team of exceptional humans that understand customer and the market needs and can turn these into a beautiful product experience.
- Work with the Product team to clearly identify the needs of both B2B and B2C user types when designing product solutions.
- Research user behaviour from various data sources, combining findings, conducting tests and recommending changes based on user insight.
- Through regular user interviews, develop a deep understanding of the needs of our users, their challenges, and how our product can deliver value and delight to solve these challenges.
- A belief that the best solutions start with identifying the core problem/s of the user, working with the wider product team to validate assumptions and pinpoint the area of product focus.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for users.
- Design easy-to-understand end-to-end flows, and use the appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of ArchiPro products.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Work with existing systems and establish new ones to collect, collate and communicate customer feedback that helps to identify areas of product opportunity, working in with Product to enhance the platform's features and add value to the user experience.
- 3+ years of experience building and shipping applications or software that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms.
- Competent user journey mapping, usability testing, wireframing and user analysis research skills.
- An ability to align with ArchiPro’s visual design typography, desktop/mobile UI, colour, layout, iconography and aesthetic when considering UX design and how these elements impact product function.
- A Figma / Figjam power user - this is the core tool we use for designing solutions.
- Excellent Figma prototyping skills for internal and external product testing.
- Familiarity with Jira and Miro to project manage and plan initiatives.
- An ability to align with the core product strategy, considering critical success factors and offering recommendations and insight where needed.
- Role model our ArchiPro values.
- Ability to contribute to improving ArchiPro company processes, tools and initiatives to ensure that we’re always working in an effective and efficient capacity allowing us to deliver the best work for our clients.
- Experience connecting your work with other cross-product initiatives within the company to drive collaboration.
- Represent ArchiPro professionally and always to the highest standard, striving to deliver your best work with the clients’ and company’s best interest at heart, while reflecting the quality of our product and highly visual brand.
- Opportunity to join our ESOP programme
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Beautifully designed new Head Office with barista coffee, fresh fruit and help yourself snacks
- ArchiVersary long service leave
- Team building functions and events and more!
As the company continues to move from strength to strength, we are looking for ambitious, career-focused individuals with the right attitude and drive to succeed to join us on our journey.
If this sounds like you, reach out and say 'hi', we'd love to have a chat!