Business Development Manager
ArchiPro is an online platform for design and architecture, connecting homeowners, products and professionals for all things design and build.
We are one of New Zealand’s fastest growing technology companies. Located in our Parnell head office and now also in Sydney and Melbourne, we’re currently a team of more than 100 and recruiting to grow.
- Ranked 5th in the New Zealand 10 Top Start Up’s on LinkedIn
- Frequently ranked as one of the top 10 most disruptive companies in New Zealand (we love to challenge the status quo)
- Backed by some of New Zealand’s greatest entrepreneurs and business minds
- Gearing up to go global - driving the future of the industry worth trillions
At the intersection of quality and innovation, our goal is to facilitate connections and educate and inspire New Zealanders to invest in the quality products and trusted professionals they need to achieve their dream design.
About the People
The strength of ArchiPro is our People. We have a strong emphasis on team culture and have brought together a group of like minded individuals who as well as working hard to create a world class platform, have fun along the way. We are agile, we work at pace and we embrace change.
About the Position
We are looking to drive revenue growth and expand our Sales team and this role is critical to achieve success. The primary role of a Business Development Manager (BDM) is to generate new business opportunities and secure new clients.
There is huge opportunity for growth and we are looking for an out of the box thinker with the drive and determination to find and close these opportunities.
Our ideal BDM has an insatiable hunger to grow and succeed, is willing to learn new skills, and will take pride in their responsibility to drive key outcomes for the business. They will accelerate the execution of our growth strategy and their own personal growth within the company. In this role, you will be responsible for the full sales cycle from sourcing leads, setting meetings, pitching the ArchiPro platform and most importantly closing new business.
You will be adaptable, quick on your feet and be able to thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment. With the company growing quickly, there are strong opportunities for development and career progression.
- Be responsible for hitting key sales metrics relating to acquisition within monthly and annual budgets
- Prepare and present multi-platform marketing and advertising opportunities
- Have a constant sense of urgency, humility, and the ability to work as part of a cohesive team
- Be highly accountable for sales process and results
- Enjoy hard work, high volumes of client engagement and being part of a company with a clear sense of vision and purpose
- Research and be up-to-date with current market trends and identify new opportunities to engage prospects, unearth opportunities and drive new business
- Demonstrate exceptional phone and communication skills and be comfortable cold calling to appointment set and secure meetings
- Have proven and successful experience prospecting and presenting solutions to key decision makers face-to-face and remotely in the current climate
- Pride yourself on your excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and relentless follow-through
- Provide reports and self evaluation on performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Strong experience in B2B and/or enterprise sales
- Selling software solutions, online advertising, media advertising, digital or annual subscriptions would be an advantageous
- An entrepreneurial spirit who can get out there and make it happen for themselves
- Prioritise culture and commitment to building a world class working environment
- Demonstrate a proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, presentation, and consultative sales skills
- Analytical and capable of running and planning their own day
- Experience in a technology field or a start-up environment would be advantageous, but not essential
- $70k-80k Base Salary, depending on Sales experience
- Uncapped Commission and earning potential on every sale!
- Opportunity to earn on-target commission of $70k+
- Opportunity to join our ESOP
- Long service 'ArchiVersary' leave - for every year of service you get an extra day off on us
- Dog friendly workplace
- Team building functions and events
- Fresh fruit, barista coffee, snacks & drinks fridge to enjoy
As the company continues to move from strength to strength, we are looking for ambitious, career-focused individuals with the right attitude and drive to succeed to join us on our journey.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
The long term potential with ArchiPro is exponential, we have huge plans as we expand our New Zealand, Australian and Canadian businesses into new and bigger global markets!