Mobile Test Engineer
Mobile Test Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Basis, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we need to decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Basis is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life.
We recently closed our Series A capital raise, so we're well-funded and ready to grow. Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
We're also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
We are growing our operations. As our Mobile Test Engineer you'll be helping us to extend our capabilities with your excellent App testing skills on both Android and iOS platforms, and your wider systems perspective enables you to contribute to our overall product goals and the resolution of human-centred problems.
We need to transition our App testing from manual to automated. We want you to take a lead in setting up and maintaining that, while in parallel performing manual testing as we transition to automated testing.
You will be working closely with our existing (and growing) development and testing teams as we bring to market this highly complex distributed IOT system of physical products interfacing with cloud connected systems, containing complex processing, configuration, and control.
If this sounds exciting to you, then keep reading!
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Test execution: Testing our Mobile Apps on Android and iOS
- Test reporting & communication: Work closely with our App developers and report test progress/risks proactively to the Delivery team and Verification Chapter
- Automation: Contribute towards decision making around what should be automated vs manual when it comes to testing, ensuring appropriate coverage across devices and platforms.
- Automated testing: Hands-on coding of Automated Tests & Automated Testing frameworks for Mobile App testing
- Architectural knowledge: Work closely with the development team to develop an understanding of the Digital Product architecture and how it interacts with the hardware side to inform testing approach & coverage.
- User stories: Work collaboratively with Developers and Designers to refine User stories, with a specific responsibility to ensuring that they are testable.
- Best Practices: Research and share industry knowledge on Testing tools & practices to improve the standard of Testing and QA Practices at Basis.
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if have the following skills or experience:
- At least 5 years of manual and automation testing experience
- Experience with mobile testing on both iOS and Android
- Ability to create automated testing frameworks
- Experience in testing the integration between hardware products and mobile Apps
- API and UI testing experience is essential
- Resilience and resourcefulness - an ability to use initiative to research and find solutions to problems
- Experience in, or passion for, working in a start-up environment
Some nice to haves include:
- Experience with Espresso and Xcode
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet ~ 60% of the job criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to apply only when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but are not sure you check every box, we still want to hear from you 🙌
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- Tools of trade, including laptop and headphones, and we also pay your phone bill!
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year (ziplining, knife throwing, lawn games, what's next?)
- Office dogs
- Access to Clearhead, our well-being programme which gives you 5x free sessions with a psychologist per year
- A $200 one-off payment towards your home workstation
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion: Pride Committee, DEIB Committee, EEO Policy and well-being strategy!
- Parental leave policy that tops up wages to 100% for the primary caregiver for up to 22 weeks (conditions apply)
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!