Engineering Project Manager
Engineering Project Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Basis, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution - starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we need to decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Basis is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team spread across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna, and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life.
We recently closed our Series A capital raise, so we're well-funded and ready to grow. Our team is smart, curious and has some big goals - so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing and startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
We're also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website and we'll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
We're looking to grow our Delivery Team with an Engineering Project Manager/Delivery Manager. In this role, you will be the driving force behind the planning, coordination, and successful execution of projects within your squads. Your responsibilities include crafting and overseeing project plans, optimising resource allocation, and ensuring seamless collaboration among squad members. Leveraging your technical proficiency and leadership, you will guide the squad in achieving milestones and delivering high-quality engineering solutions on time and within budget.
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Planning and Execution: Develop and refine strategic plans for project execution. Collaborate with the team to ensure successful implementation of plans. Adapt and adjust plans as needed based on evolving circumstances.
- Drive: Foster a high-performance culture within the teams. Identify and eliminate internal and external roadblocks hindering team efficiency. Demonstrate relentless determination to achieve project goals.
- Communication: Facilitate synchronous and asynchronous communication. Ensure alignment across the organisation. Serve information in a discoverable and useful manner for all stakeholders.
- Team Leadership: Collaborate with Product Owners (POs) to optimise backlog prioritisation. Oversee the execution of prioritised tasks by the teams. Conduct and lead agile ceremonies (Stand-ups, Demos, Retro, Backlog Curation). Provide coaching to squads based on past experiences.
- Unblocking / Resolving Impediments: Proactively identify and address bottlenecks or challenges to delivery. Assist relevant parties in framing decisions necessary for progress.
- Coordination: Coordinate activities within squads, across squads, and beyond squads. Foster collaboration between internal and external stakeholders.
- Agile to Waterfall Decoder Ring: Adapt seamlessly between agile and waterfall methodologies. Operate concurrently in both modes to accommodate diverse internal and external partners.
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if you have the following skills and experience:
- At least 8 years professional experience in a similar position such as Project or Programme Management
- Proven experience in project planning, execution, and adaptation
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive teams towards efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in coordinating activities across various teams
- Proficiency in agile and waterfall methodologies, applying the right approach in different situations.
- Familiarity with running agile ceremonies and facilitating backlog prioritisation
- Ability to coach and mentor the squad members you are supporting
Some nice to-haves include:
- A technical degree in a relevant discipline such as Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is highly desirable but not essential
- Agile and/or Waterfall project management qualifications such as Prince2, PMP, PMI etc
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet ~ 60% of the job criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to apply only when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but are not sure you check every box, we still want to hear from you 🙌
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- A remote-first culture - work from home or come into the office, it's totally up to you
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- Tools of trade, including laptop and headphones, and we also pay your phone bill!
- Flexible hours - we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments
- A schedule of fun team events throughout the year ( , knife throwing, lawn games, what's next?)
- Office dogs
- Access to Clearhead, our well-being programme which gives you 5x free sessions with a psychologist per year
- A $200 one-off payment towards your home workstation
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion: Pride Committee, DEIB Committee, EEO Policy and well-being strategy!
- Parental leave policy that tops up wages to 100% for the primary caregiver for up to 22 weeks (conditions apply)
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!