Cropsy is revolutionising the wine growing industry, has recently completed a capital raise, and is now ready to expand the team.
We’re looking for talented Backend Engineers with some cloud experience to join the team. Our roles have salary and equity compensation and extend beyond coding - you will have the opportunity to drive projects independently, from technical design to launch, and solve challenging problems with real world data.
Cropsy requires a skilled Backend Engineer with cloud experience to help build an efficient cloud-based data pipeline and an Open API to deliver big data to our customers.
- Develop Azure Functions with C# .NET.
- Design, implement, test, and support internal and external APIs.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Build on cloud services such as Azure and AWS.
- Managing SQL database.
- Analysing complex datasets and deriving trends, insights, and verifying hypotheses.
- Developing ETL workflows for data pipeline automation.
- Exposure to applications of AI in the agricultural sector and working closely with customers.
We're open to working with a hybrid home/office split schedule.
- 3+ years of professional experience in C# .Net and SQL.
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or related fields is essential.
- Professional experience using cloud services (AWS and/or Azure).
- Strong and proven understanding of OOP and algorithm design.
- Passion to learn, both new domains and new technologies.
- Experience with data processing technologies such as SQL, NoSQL databases, etc.
It's a bonus to have the following skills:
- Experience in CI/CD.
- Software technologies such as Git, Docker, Bash.
$90,000 - $120,000 + Options
New Zealand valid work visa or residency is required for this position. We are unable to respond to any overseas-based candidates.