Team Lead - Mechanical Engineering (Space Launch)
Our Mission - to fly to space twice in a day.
This is a substantial, complex project. To be successful in this position you must have a balance of technical mechanical/structural engineering understanding and leadership skills. You must take on an extreme ownership approach to ensure the team meets deliverables successfully. You must be able to communicate clearly and collaborate with the other Team Leads, Lead Engineer and Stakeholders to ensure integration between systems is seamless. As the airframe is constructed predominantly of composite materials, experience in this field is expected. Additionally, aviation, space or other high-performance engineering experience is required.
You will help your team be their best by fostering a culture and environment of ambition, creativity, discipline, empowerment and cooperation. You understand your stakeholders and frequently work closely with them to ensure alignment.
You will take ownership and accountability for your team's performance and together with your team, you will build an epic airframe! You will be at you best when you are proactive in figuring how to exceed expectations.
Are you driven, organised and able to work with a wide variety of people? Do you have a 'can do' attitude, are you flexible and adaptable, but will stay within appropriate processes and procedures? Then this role could be for you!
You will be:
- Responsible for resource management to design, build, organize and manage a high-performance Airframe design and production team.
- Provide (technical) leadership and guidance to the team members.
- Ensure all required documentation is being completed
- Support when needed in design, production and test activities.
- Collaborate with other Team Leads and Project Managers to ensure all design and production data is accurate and complete.
- Setting up the framework for the start of a new project.
- Project management: Budgeting, Scheduling of design and production work.
- Supervising and checking structural work.
- Detailing out interfaces between the sub-teams of the spaceplane.
- Release and approval of designs.
Looking for more information or if you think you have what it takes, have a look at our Careers page: www.dawnaerospace.com/spacelaunchjobs