Senior Certification Engineer (Space Launch)
Our Mission - to fly to space twice in a day.
This is a substantial, complex project and we are looking for an experienced certification engineer to lead the planning and delivery of all tasks to achieve certification of spaceplane operations.
What you will do:
- Liaise, and build relationships, with relevant aviation and space authorities.
- Ensure novel system design meets applicable engineering standards.
- Plan means of compliance and demonstrate compliance to authorities, even where existing standards are not directly applicable and are unprecedented.
- Coordinate with all Space Launch teams the timely delivery of high-quality evidence to support spaceplane operations certification.
- Form robust arguments to underwrite airworthiness of unmanned aircraft operations in the areas of design, production, maintenance, operations, and training within the aviation system.
- Complete hazard analyses associated with unmanned aircraft systems and provide advice to Space Launch Programme engineers on appropriate mitigations.
- Complete risk assessments and safety cases addressing all sources of risk to the safety of unmanned rocket-powered aircraft flight test operations.
- Provide advice to all Space Launch Programme team members on all aspects relating to certification of unmanned aircraft and space launch operations.
- Plan and coordinate resources to achieve certification milestones ahead of flight test campaigns in a timely manner.
- Understand rules that regulate the national aviation system, and pre-emptively solve issues in integrating unmanned aircraft operations seamlessly into the system.
Looking for more information or if you think you have what it takes, have a look at our Careers page: www.dawnaerospace.com/spacelaunchjobs