We are looking for a Platform/Cloud Engineer with 2+ years of experience to join our talented Engineering team based here in New Zealand. You will enjoy working in an environment where data-driven decision making, and continual learning & experimentation rule the roost. You’ll be working closely with other Platform Engineers and Software Engineers on solving business and customer problems using the latest technologies, all in a relaxed team environment.
You’ll be given the latest tools to do your job well, and plenty of flexibility around your working day, and the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business. This is a relaxed, team environment that values outcomes over output. We have a modern tech stack and offer the opportunity for each engineer to develop their career and build their knowledge in emerging AI technologies.
Our team has a well-established engineering culture, and we invest into each and every team member’s career via a Pluralsight subscription and time to spend on learning. We follow top-notch development techniques with cross-functional teams, CI/CD, E2E Tests, and a lot more – making this an excellent environment for experimenting and testing new technologies and practices.
- Experience with Terraform v1.0+
- Ability to deliver high quality shell scripts, lambda functions and IAC scripts as needed to maintain servers and reporting and monitoring systems.
- Good experience of securing cloud IaaS platforms, around network security and hardening of Linux platforms.
- Experience with AWS and security features that can be incorporated into the overall platform.
- Enhancing monitoring systems using AWS tools and integrating 3rd party vendors to ensure rapid reporting detection and response to any alerts (security or ops related).
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery practices. (We use Buildkite).
- A good understanding of modern Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of Docker or other container orchestration techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of security best practices, compliance standards and threat modelling.
Fuel50 is an international, high-growth tech company. Our award-winning AI talent marketplace platform exists to improve the lives and careers of people everywhere by empowering forward-thinking companies to deploy career growth and talent mobility initiatives to attract and retain talent while boosting engagement and productivity. In other words, we are at the forefront of changing how people work and how organizations empower their people.
Our tech is global and has touched careers across 100+ companies in 13+ languages and 25+ countries. Our clients are some of the biggest brands in their respective industries. And, most importantly, we practice what we preach and believe everyone should be in a job they love (including you!).
Fuel50 is immensely proud of our strong team culture, where our people (or “Fuellies”) come first. Our vision and values are inclusive and transparent and built upon quarterly business objectives that drive our growth, encourage goal setting, and celebrate milestones every step of the way.
The Fuel50 vision has resonated with investors across NZ, Australia, UK, and the USA - supporting our global growth and helping us become the pioneers in this fast-growing talent space.
We are also a socially responsible company. We work with charities that help women and minority groups land on their feet through career coaching and support.
As well as our day-to-day responsibilities, all Fuellies play an integral part in growing our culture with us and ensuring that Fuel50 remains an inspirational and amazing place to work. Some additional benefits are:
- Day off on your birthday, your Fuel50 anniversary and a companywide celebration day.
- Refuel days - a chance to take a day off once a quarter to rest, relax and refuel yourself.
- Employee Stock Options Plan (ESOP).
- Flexible working times and remote working (as above) - we're very supportive of school commitments, traveling in off-peak hours, looking after the kids, and all that jazz.
- Investing in you with career and development planning, using our very own Fuel50 software and online Fuellie University.
- A very progressive parental leave policy - get extra flexibility and time off on top of what your local government already mandates.
- Comprehensive fully subsidised Health Insurance with Southern Cross.
- Family and friends pizza nights once a month (if you live nearby HQ) - bring your best mate, significant other, kids, or yourself for pizza, table tennis, and pool.
What is it like to be a Fuellie?
We know that having the right people with the right attitude and behavior is a big part of what makes us successful. Living our values is an important part of being successful in this role.
- We have a culture around continuous (but super friendly) feedback and recognition - be part of a family-like team that is working towards a common goal and helping each other every step of the way.
- We have #SuperheroAwards at every quarterly meeting also encourage people to be spontaneous with their recognition and do shout-outs whenever they want to recognise someone being awesome!!!
- We'll have your back when you need help - your colleagues want to see you succeed and work hard to help you do so.
- We work hard and deliver amazing results to our clients - when you see our amazing feedback, you'll be proud to be a Fuellie.
- Amazing coffee - it really is, some of our team have even come to HQ on a Saturday just to get their fix!
If this sounds like you, then please apply. If you’re not sure you're ready or perhaps you don't meet all requirements yet, please apply anyway. We'll review every application that we get.
This role is based in New Zealand, as a result candidates must hold the relevant right to work in NZ i.e. Citizenship or a work visa at time of application.