Administration, Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
The future of food production hinges on an important question: How do we feed the world’s growing population without compromising our natural resources? Farmers feed our population and hold the keys to vital climate solutions. At Halter, we’re on a mission to enable farmers to run the most productive and sustainable farms. Farmers are using Halter to break free from the time-intensive constraints of conventional farming. They’re growing more grass, increasing milk production and improving the health and wellbeing of their cows.
We bridge deep tech into farming. Halter enables farmers to remotely shift, virtually fence and proactively monitor their cows’ health and behaviour. Can you imagine watching 500 dairy cows turn in unison and walk calmly towards the milking shed? No quad bikes, no dogs, no fences. Just a mob of cows walking at their own pace. People say it looks like magic. Our customers are revolutionizing farming with Halter. It's changing lives and transforming an industry.
People join Halter because they want to do meaningful work. By joining us you’ll be solving challenging problems within a talented team and a culture built for high performance. Our team out-think, out-work and out-care. We’re committed to delivering real change in the world - this isn’t easy, and in truth, we love that it’s hard. We’re backed to deliver on a mission that matters by Tier 1 investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, DCVC, Blackbird, Promus Ventures, Rocket Lab’s Peter Beck and Icehouse ventures.
About the role
We’re looking for a Marketing Coordinator to help us market this new way of farming throughout New Zealand and globally. Marketing is core to our business and it is a vital bridge between our inspiring farmers, our groundbreaking product and our powerful brand. This is a full-time role, and perfect if you’re looking to accelerate your marketing career and growth with one of the fastest-growing companies in NZ. We’re looking for that special person with the ultimate can-do attitude who is enthusiastic to help across a wide variety of activities. This role will focus on marketing effectively across multiple products, regions and markets (domestic and international)
What your day could look like
- You’ll work across a range of marketing activities, and lead the logistics and organisation of Halter’s Event calendar.
- Support the marketing team’s initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of our range of marketing activities that span events, digital, in-person, and on our website.
- Independently coordinate marketing and community events, including overseeing logistics, managing registrations, coordinating with vendors, creating itineraries, and ordering marketing collateral.
- Coordinate product, event, or content marketing campaigns, including copy, scheduling, testing, and database management.
- Create, proofread, and edit copy for various marketing channels, ensuring consistent brand tone and voice that resonates with farmers.
- Assist with developing and managing content and social media marketing programs, including website.
- Evaluate and monitor campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports.
Who we are looking for
- Phenomenal can-do attitude.
- Enthusiasm to take on a range of responsibilities, and learn quickly.
- Strong attention to detail, and a high level or organization skills.
- You have experience coordinating and running events.
- A track record of delivering outcomes to their timeframes.
- Evidence of thriving in a fast-paced environment with ambitious targets.A good written and verbal communicator.
- Bonus if you have experience in the agricultural sector, or if you’ve worked in Dairy Farming.
Why our team loves working at Halter
- A genuine and shared connection to our mission to make a difference in the world.
- The excitement, risk, and reward of a high-growth technology start-up.
- The pride of joining an iconic New Zealand technology company growing successfully on the global stage.
- The opportunity to work with and grow alongside a dynamic, and highly talented team with diverse backgrounds.
- The opportunity to supercharge your career in a supportive and caring environment.
- Our ideas are truly valued, we are able to move fast, and our impact is real.
- State of the art, dog-friendly office that’s been thoughtfully designed right in the heart of Auckland city.
- Delicious snacks and drinks are available for your daily flow.
- Our personal growth is important. Halter offers an annual $1000 self-development budget to be used for anything that fuels their growth.
- Our time to recharge is valued, we’re offered wellness leave & unlimited annual leave.
- Importantly, we offer a highly competitive “top of market” remuneration package made up of salary and an employee stock ownership plan.
Halter is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace — a place where we can each be ourselves and do the best work of our lives. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Halter. We’d love to chat to see if you’ll be an epic fit!
Our Office First Approach
We do have flexible working hours and you can work from home when you need to but we encourage our team to be in the office as much as you can.
We have an office-first approach because we would like to keep the opportunity for teams to have spontaneous interactions which in turn has allowed our team at Halter to foster strong relationships. Stronger relationships make it easier to disagree, give feedback, do meaningful work and as a result be higher performing as a team.
Join our team
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply below by sending through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Halter, along with your CV, and we’ll be in touch!