A little bit about Ideally:
Ideally is an innovation platform that gives on-demand insights for brands to test concepts, ideas and messages. Using built-in generative AI, people who use Ideally can uncover opportunities and grow great ideas. We work with awesome consumer facing goods and services across NZ and AU like Kiwibank, Tegel, Goodman Fielder, Asahi, Simplicity and more.
With Ideally, more people can access insights more often – enabling a new mindset for brands and innovation teams to bring the voice of customers into their innovation process.
We’re seeking a research specialist to join our small but growing dynamic team at its early stage. In this role you’ll be supporting the Research Lead to merge robust market research principles into the Ideally platform, within a product-centric company.
Your responsibilities will include overseeing and helping clients to use our on-demand service platform, ensuring surveys are set up and executed correctly, supporting our customer service and sales teams to help guide best research practices, both with enterprise and top agencies within New Zealand and Australia
You'll play a role working with the product team to help streamline survey execution through automation processes.
The Research Specialist will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to market research, survey design, and supporting client success.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Survey Implementation: Review and feedback to clients implementing surveys into our innovation platform. Assist with the setup of 'out of the box' implementations.
- Survey Scripting: Assist with survey scripting, especially using XML with Decipher/Forsta or similar surveying tools. Collaborate with the team on scripting tasks, across multiple days each week. Work with the product team to automate survey scripting where possible.
- Survey Quality Control: Review and check surveys before deployment to ensure they are error-free and meet the required standards.
- Client Result Checking: Review client results, provide feedback, and help interpret data. This will initially include checking client results and may evolve to checking automated analytic reports.
- Client Management: Collaborate with customer success and sales teams to help clients to understand their specific research needs and how we can best help them within the Ideally platform. Maintain a high level of satisfaction through effective communication and support.
- 2+ years of experience in market research.
- Competency in survey design and a deep understanding of industry best practices in question setup.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience working with clients, with strong client management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A proactive and adaptable approach to work.
- A strong commitment to maintaining high-quality research standards.
- Experience scripting surveys in XML with Decipher/Forsta or a similar surveying tool.
We’re a tight knit, supportive and super motivated team with the ambitious goal to take Ideally global and help innovation and marketing teams grow great ideas.
We have a brand new office in Grey Lynn and need you there regularly to work with us to get Ideally flying. Of course you can work from home as well from time to time.
Underpinning the experience are our competitive salaries, ESOP arrangements, and other benefits.
WE VALUE DIVERSITY IN ALL ITS FORMS
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We know from research that women or non-binary applicants don’t always apply for roles they don’t feel 100% qualified for, so we encourage anyone who is interested to get in touch. Focus on the bullet points that match your experience, not the ones that don’t. Our job posting is the starting point for a conversation, and we’re always excited to hear from people who are interested in working with us.