Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Mint Innovation has been developing innovative cleantech since 2016. Our mission is to become the world’s leading provider of circular green metals. We’ve recently raised $60m to fund our global expansion and as a rapidly growing deep tech start-up, we need top talent to achieve our ambitious targets.
We’re currently ramping up our first commercial plant in Western Sydney, which showcases the innovative tech we’ve developed for recovering base and precious metals (e.g. copper & gold) from old scrap electronics. Following in its footsteps is a roll-out of plants in major cities globally, as well as the deployment of further product lines.
Mint is growing rapidly and expanding our capability to continue the roll out of our cutting-edge tech, so this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of the next stage of our company’s journey. We’re looking for an experienced Head of Finance, with a strong background in manufacturing to join our team and help shape the Finance function.
We are looking for a great team player who can help our finance function be an integral part of the growth of our business. In a high growth environment, you must be comfortable taking leadership of a broad range of projects and responsibilities. Finance & accounting is the function in which you would be the key leader but enthusiasm to work across the business to enable the business to achieve its vision the key to success in this role.
The Head of Finance position is full-time and will be located at our HQ in East Tamaki, Auckland (we will be relocating to Mt Wellington in 2024). You will report to our CFO. With a competitive salary, learning & development budget and access to our employee share option programme, there will also be the opportunity for short international trips to our plants should your project work require.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Take ownership of Mint finance function to support growth, efficiency and scaling.
- Develop financial planning capability and analysis including preparing budgets and forecasts, and partnering with departments to foster a culture of cross-departmental collaboration.
- High quality financial reporting for management team, Board of Directors and other stakeholders.
- Lead and mentor a high-performing finance team, fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Drive the financial establishment of overseas offices, including corporate compliance, banking and other financial considerations related to international operations.
- Treasury management including foreign currency and commodity price risk.
- Tax planning including implementing a transfer pricing policy and intercompany agreements.
- Assess eligibility of grants and tax incentives globally.
- Manage cash-flows and report on cash runway.
- Manage the production of the Group year-end IFRS financial statements and separate subsidiary financial statements, and managing and coordinating year end audits with external auditors and addressing audit queries.
- Meet all tax obligations across multiple jurisdictions, in coordination with local tax agents.
- Support the project management function on commercial plant builds by managing project cash flow and large CAPEX budgets.
- Support the operations, commercial and R&D functions to optimise the commercial plant unit economics.
- Supervise month end, bookkeeping and payroll activities.
Skills and Experience
As a company that was born in a dingy basement, everyone at Mint has a “can do, no fuss” attitude and our Head of Finance will be no different.
Our ideal candidate will have as many of the following qualities as possible:
- CA qualified
- Experience working in finance in a manufacturing, tech or similar industry or experience
- Has built and lead teams
- In-depth experience in forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis
- Experience in financial aspects of plant operations (supply chain, inventory, ERP)
- Comfortable with responsibility for a broad range of functions including treasury, tax etc
- Experience working in or with overseas jurisdictions
- Systems implementation experience
- Driven by getting results and helping the company to succeed
- Truely collaborative and excellent communicator, ability to present complex ideas and reports to senior management and Board is key
- Can-do attitude, comfortable taking on a range of tasks and undertaking operational activities as required
- Shows initiative and takes accountability
- Highly organised, engaged and actively seeks opportunities for improvement
If the above sounds like you, apply with your CV via Seek. We’re aiming to shortlist and interview candidates through~~ ~~early February~~ ~~for a start date in February/March 2024.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the requirements, women and under-represented groups of candidates tend to only apply when they meet every requirement. If you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily tick every requirement on this job description, please still get in touch and apply to Mint.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are not able to respond to everyone and will reach out if you have been selected to progress to the next stage.
Please note you must have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role; we will not be offering visa sponsorship to relocate.
For more background on Mint see our website - ](https://www.mint.bio/)[https://www.mint.bio/