Product / Digital Designer
Onside is a fast-paced SaaS Agri-Tech business. As a scale-up, we are expanding rapidly and thinking globally our team and culture reflect the business. Our mission is to Power the world's Bio-security. We have made huge strides to achieve this in New Zealand and Australia, however, we have a lot more to do. That's why we need you.
Onside is a digital toolkit built specifically for Agribusiness. Onside’s check-in software connects rural businesses and people. Onside helps deliver operational efficiency, enables worker safety and provides valuable data to revolutionise biosecurity. Backed by both private and public investors, the business is scaling rapidly and seeking high-performing individuals to help power its Australia and New Zealand and global expansion.
One permanent role will be available in the Product team, reporting to the Head of Product. We are looking for someone who has Product / Digital skills now, and is ready to grow them fast with many opportunities to work on a range of projects, from marketing websites, marketing material, and Web and mobile app. So, do you LOVE making user-friendly and beautiful products? Are you looking for a fast-paced scale-up environment that’s supportive and full of great people? Then read on.
As Product Designer at Onside, you'll create delightful experiences. You understand users' needs and progress the needs of the business. You will use your creativity and eye for design – along with your technical knowledge – to develop great experiences. You will:
- Work closely with the Product Manager and Head of Product, for both the product and the marketing teams.
- Help deliver UI mock-ups, prototypes, MVPs and final products.
- Help deliver social ads, and print material for promotion.
- Deliver internal design assets such as presentations and educational materials.
- We all muck in at Onside so you’ll also help the marketing team with some design work including graphic design for digital and printed assets, and website design.
What you bring (Skills, Qualifications & Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Digital Product/User Experience design or related field
- 2 years’ experience and eager to improve your UI/UX skills.
- A learning attitude, you might not have all the skills today, but you're ready to learn and take on feedback.
- You've got some skills - with these or similar tools Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, Miro.
- Great communication skills both when talking with the customers as well as when working with the team.
- You want to work in a team culture that values each other and enjoys sociable times together.
Extra points for
- Graphic design experience
- Experience preparing and conducting Research
- Experience with Design Systems
- You must be eligible to work in New Zealand (with a valid working Visa, Residency or Citizenship) to be successful in this application.
- A fun environment that will support you, stretch you, challenge you to do your best work, and allow you to have a positive impact on the world.
- Be part of a growing company, where you can really make a difference and influence the process, the product and the team.
- A great team. Celebrations, free fruit, great coffee, Friday drinks, and a place where it feels good to be.
- No red tape. Be empowered to take ownership, and get stuff done. Hybrid working model, flexible schedules and training where you need it.
- Pay range: $61,692.80-$90,000.00 ($29.66 to $43.27 Per hour) NZD for a minimum of 40 hours per week
- A great location in the CBD of Christchurch, New Zealand with plenty of great cafes/lunch spots within walking distance
Submit your CV and a cover letter with a portfolio of work. Ideally, this role will start in late January early February 2024