Back-end software engineer
We’re looking for an intermediate or senior full-stack or back-end engineer to help us maintain our current app, and build our next gen API (.NET, Azure, REST) for our new set of products (React). They’ll be familiar (and enthusiastic) with SCRUM, and comfortable helping turn requirements through to working software.;
About the role
- Collaborate with our engineering team and product team to create internal and customer facing solutions
- Design, code, test and manage various aspects of the backend solution
- Contribute to our development practices with a focus on quality, through automated testing, performance and security
- Work alongside other developers to implement new features according to agreed timeframes
- Work collaboratively with the Product Development team to scope work on new features
- Conduct code reviews to provide constructive feedback to peers and uphold a high level of quality across the code base
Here’s what we’re looking for
- Solid experience working with .NET or relevant technologies
- Good understanding of SQL databases, MS SQL Server, and NoSQL datastores
- Adept at working with cloud services, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of practices and procedures for full software design life cycle
- Experience working in agile development environment
- Experience in designing developing RESTful API and relevant concepts
- Experience in performance optimisation
- Someone who'll thrive in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment. You'll be self-motivated and love the thought of being told what we need to achieve, then working out the 'how'
- Someone who can obsess about our customers. That requires genuine curiosity for the problems we're trying to solve (and the people we're trying to solve them for). Bush UX skills are a definite advantage.
- A great collaborator. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do, and we need to practice what we preach, imbued with fun and optimism.
- A hustler. We're not a big company, so we need to make the most of the resources we have and make stuff happen.
If this sounds like you, and you have the legal right to work in New Zealand, please contact [email protected]