Front-end software engineer
We’re looking for an intermediate or senior full-stack or front-end engineer to help us the rebuild & reimagination of our new front-end (built in React). It goes without saying we’re looking for someone with strong technical chops. But they’ll also work very closely with our fabulous Product Designer, as designs evolve very collaboratively. So the successful candidate needs to have strong consumer empathy and know what makes a good UI.
About the role:
- Collaborate with our engineering team and product team to create internal and customer facing solutions
- Design, code, test and manage various aspects of the front-end solution
- Contribute to our development practices with a focus on quality, through automated testing, performance and security
- Work alongside other developers to implement new features according to agreed timeframes
- Work collaboratively with the Product Development team to scope work on new features
- Conduct code reviews to provide constructive feedback to peers and uphold a high level of quality across the code base
Here's what we're looking for:
- Someone who'll thrive in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment. You'll be self-motivated and love the thought of being told what we need to achieve, then working out the 'how'
- Someone who can obsess about our customers. That requires genuine curiosity for the problems we're trying to solve (and the people we're trying to solve them for). Bush UX skills are a definite advantage.
- A great collaborator. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do, and we need to practice what we preach, imbued with fun and optimism.
- A hustler. We're not a big company, so we need to make the most of the resources we have and make stuff happen.
If this sounds like you, and you have the legal right to work in New Zealand, please contact [email protected]